Sunday, November 18, 2012

Big Al Blog

Big Al's blog is amazing! He's very brave for being willing to keep posting his thoughts. I can't believe how few comments it has though. I think more people should be reading this! It gives insight into the situation in Syria so much more deeply than any emotion-lacking news story ever could. I don't think I'd be brave enough to stay in Homs like Big Al did. I don't even know if I'd be brave enough to go out and protest. Probably I'd join in the first ones, but once things started getting violent I would try and leave! That is such a terrifying situation to live in and I don't think I'd be able to handle it. If I could write to Big Al or another Syrian freedom fighter I would say how sorry I am that this world is so based on politics that it's the driving force behind our decisions instead of what's best for the Syrian people. I'd want to tell Big Al how amazing it is that he's willing to share his experiences and that I hope their situation gets resolved as soon as possible. Reading this blog has made me understand the Syrian situation more fully especially as to why the protests started in the first place. It has also made me take a second look at my life. I would remember what I was doing on certain dates that Al posted about and it made me really appreciate my situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment